If you consider the range of all types of electronics the number of different items is staggering as is the variation. From a simple mouse to a telephone exchange - all need to end up somewhere and preferably not a landfill.
An electronics recycler is essentially a massive sorting operation. Batteries go with other batteries sorted by type. Metals with other metals again sorted by type. Eventually we reduce everything down to it's component parts which are then shipped to one of our audited downstream vendors for further processing.
The R2 and RIOS standards which we adhere to are extremely exacting. This means we have to account for everything that comes in and everything that goes out all the way to final disposition.
No hazardous or toxic electronic waste material collected by Scrapcomputer.com will be land-filled, incinerated, or shipped abroad to be dumped. We provide ethical, safe, and responsible e-waste recycling services. Please contact us with questions or concerns regarding proper e-waste disposal.
Scrapcomputer.com is the ideal choice for E-Waste processing. We provide a secure and environmentally friendly solution for recycling computers, monitors, printers and other IT equipment. Scrapcomputer.com properly retires computer hardware and takes special steps in the areas of security, legal compliance and accountability. Scrapcomputer.com will:
- Pick up equipment directly from your loading dock, office or datacenter.
- Destroy hard drives or thoroughly remove all data from hard disks using Department of Defense recommended methods (on-site service available). This protects against software licensing infringement and loss of sensitive information.
- Recycle equipment according to state and federal environmental laws.
- Provide a certified report detailing the services performed and confirming software removal (listed by hardware serial number).
- Services are 100% HIPAA, HITECH, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, FACTA Red Flags Rule and EPA compliant.